As technology continues to evolve, so does the field of Civil Engineering. Technological advancements have allowed for innovations to challenge established norms. Innovations in technology, processes and delivery tools and methods have revolutionized traditional practices in all aspects of project planning, design and construction; and, in information management and communication processes. Rapid advancements in digital technology have allowed for information and feedback reporting to flow in real time, facilitating a more collaborative process, thereby improving the execution and delivery of large, complex projects.
Please join the CSCE Edmonton Section in this inaugural one-day symposium to showcase the following projects and advancements in the industry:
1) Leadership / Disruptors - Dan Meidl, P.Eng., M.Eng., MBA
2) Emerging Technologies in Structural Design - Blair Bisson, P.Eng., M.Eng. & Neil Kemp, CET, CanBIM P3
3) Applications of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Digitally Assisted Fabrication in the Parliament Hill Centre Block Renovations - Lara Chow, BAS, MArch.
4) City of Edmonton Borden Park Natural Pool - Robb Heit, P.Eng.
5) Construction of the New Iqaluit Arport - Kevin Hodgins, FEC, FCSSE, P. Eng., MCSCE, API 653
6) Project Delivery: Lean Design and Construction and Integrated Project Delivery - Dick Bayer
Abstracts will be provided at a later date.